Saturday, November 17, 2012

AV400 BLOG



Over the years I have written dozens, if not a few hundred, articles defending the Authorized King James Bible. Only a handful of them are on my website. Someday I may get it updated, but until then, I can put them in a blog.

I have been a member of several KJB debate forums. I have been banned from most of them by the anti-KJBers, but I gained a lot of experience from them. The last Bible debate group I was in, that was run by the anti-KJB side paid me a high compliment when they learned my identity (I used a screen name when I joined, but it didn't take long until they recognized my material). The leader of the group, realizing my participation was a "feather in his cap" and added to the credibility of his group, said, "Teno Groppi and Will Kinney are the two most prolific defenders of the KJB on the internet." I appreciated the compliment almost as much as the "KJB Defender of the Year" award another anti-KJB group awarded me. They meant it as a mock, but the award is framed and hanging on my wall to this day.

My most telling experience in a KJB debate group run by anti-KJBers was one of my first experiences, perhaps 15 years ago. I made an innocent post noting that the words of God are "spiritually discerned", so I politely asked for the salvation testimonies of every member of the group.

To my great astonishment, within 24 hours EVERY KJB advocate posted a salvation testimony and NONE of the anti-KJBers did. I expected to get better results from the pro-KJBers than the anti-KJBers, but I truly didn't expect that. I don't believe a KJB position is necessary for salvation (the gospel is needed for salvation, not the entire scripture), but I do believe KJB proponents are generally more complete Christians.

Days went by, still not a peep from the King James Bible deniers. Perhaps a week later one of the group's moderators finally posted a very weak "testimony". Then they threw me out of the group :-)

Most of the articles I'll be posting originated from those debate groups. I have several hundred on file. I'm sure at least a couple hundred will be worthy of posting here, so keep checking for new ones.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations at least on not being modern versions defender!

    They take old manuscripts which were laid aside because of errors and put them up against textus receptus!

    B U T, Douay Rheims is clearly better than KJ. You see, it had from start a nihil obstat and an imprimi potest and an imprimatur from authorities as good in the relighious field, as King James was in earthly politics for England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Douay Rheims substitutes Mary for Jesus, as the one who stomps on the serpent in Genesis. In any case, this is not a forum for you to argue for the RCC or against the KJB. Start your own blog. I've allowed you to do too much of it here already.

    BTW, nothing wrong with a Bible being done under the authority of a king:

    Ecc 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

    ReplyDelete