Saturday, November 17, 2012

Defending the KJB

When I was first on the internet, and the 'net was a relatively new phenomenon, I spent much more time debating the KJB. I've since gotten a lot of the debating out of my system, but it enabled me to accumulate a vast array of files that will take me months to post in this blog.

Back then, when fewer people were on the internet, I couldn't stand to see the KJB denigrated. One day in particular on one of the debate forums, I remember several new people had just joined, and the anti-KJBers pounced right on them with a bunch of lies, twists, and faithless infidelity.

I couldn't stand seeing newbies turned away from the King James Bible. I literally stayed up all night refuting their attacks on the KJB. Dozens of them. The next day, I received this from another member of the group:

"Teno, My oldest is home for winter break, so I played with my girls most of the day, got a little sleep, and woke up a little bit ago. I saw your messages about the "Scholarship Only" crowd, so I went over to there message board.  

I saw a few things there this morning, but what I saw this evening was absolutely incredible. Teno - God used you in a big way to defend His Word. I think what I saw is one of the most amazing examples of a "voice crying in the (spiritual) wilderness" I have ever seen.  

I wish I was half as smart and learned as you, but since that isn't likely to happen, I guess I'll have to be content with the fact that, at least, you are my Brother in Christ. I pray God blesses you, Teno, for the fantastic stand you take for His Word. God bless you, Brother!  Your Brother in Christ, B.L."

And on another email list, he posted this in response to the buzz that had already started about the incident:

"Finally, about Teno's posts tonight - LORD Bless you, Brother. Not only has God given you an incredible knowledge and understanding of His Word, but an astounding and uncompromising ability to defend it with fact, faith, and a voice of authority.
 
If I lived closer to you, I would gladly pay you the price of college tuition just to teach and instruct me on matters of the Bible, doctrine, and defense of the KJV.


Thank you, Brother Teno, for defending God's word so fearlessly and honestly. You are an irreplaceable person on this list, and one of the best Bible teachers I have ever known.  I owe you a debt of gratitude. I will pray for your ministry daily. Your Brother in Christ, B.L."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment